Kindred magazine has been posting a weekly prompt and this week I wanted to participate. This week’s prompt was Nurture.
I thought very hard what I wanted to write about this theme. I am a mother, I nurture all day. I cuddle and kiss, I nourish and bathe, I listen and empathize. I am many things but I am absolutely terrible at nurturing myself.
Days can go by when I am constantly in motion, doing things, making things and after a bit I feel totally depleted. My husband suggested that I pepper my day with small things that I enjoy . I kept this idea in the back of my mind until today when I thought that it would be a wonderful way to nurture myself if I could write it down. I call it my comfort list and I am sharing it with you:
- Watching a good movie.
- A solitary walk.
- Snuggling and kissing.
- Making tea and drinking it while it’s hot.
- Taking a long bubbly bath.
- Writing in my journal.
- Daydreaming of a photo.
- Actually going out to take the said photo.
- Listening to NPR.
- Reading my favorite blogs.
- Commenting on my favorite blog.
- Looking for new projects on Ravelry.
- Sitting surrounded by my kids busy playing or reading.
- Reading to my kids.
- Browsing the magazine aisle at the local bookstore.
- Time alone at the bookstore.
I am not sure how good I will be in the future but I will try to incorporate at least one item in my day.
Do you want to join in writing your comfort list? I would love to read yours, you can leave a link in the comment section.
P.S: If you’re not familiar with Kindred, it is a beautiful new online magazine that will soon be available. It’s edited by the very talented Amanda from The Habit of Being. In the meantime you can visit the blog here.